Chili con carne
Quick, spicy, delicious...
- Put the olive oil in a big pan, add onion, garlic and chili pepper and fry until the onion is glazed.
- Add the spices: cumin, red pepper powder and oregano and cook for a minute.
- Turn up the fire and gradually add the meat, stirring all the time until slightly browned.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them into the pan together with the tomato juice from the can. Cover the pan and cook for about 25 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for another 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beans and cook for another 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Serve your chili con carne wrapped with tortillas, decorate with sour cream and your favorite herbs (I used coriander, but you may as well use oregano or parsley)
Don't you just love this dish? Quick, simple, delicious... You may serve it the next day or even freeze it. I really recommend it! :-)