'Polish' no-bake cheesecakes
With strawberries and vanilla
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag to make fine crumbs. Stir the melted butter in the biscuits.
- Line 12-cup-muffin-tray with muffin paper cups, divide the mixture between them and press down with your fingers. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Place gelatin in a small pot with 2 tablespoons of water. Soak for 10 minutes until softened, then add 100ml of hot water and stir it until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Split the vanilla pod in half with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds. Place the vanilla seeds, mascarpone, yogurt and sugar in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until all ingredients are combined. With the machine running, pour on the gelatin in a thin stream until smooth. Pour over the biscuit mix.
- Cut the strawberries in four. Decorate each cheesecake with strawberries and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- You can serve the cheesecakes with strawberry sauce: mix 12 big strawberries in a food processor with 4 tablespoons of sugar. Place the mixture in a pot and heat it until dense. Cool down and serve with the cheesecakes.
Today is the first day of the Poland & Ukraine EURO 2012 Championship. And the first match is Poland-Greece starting at 18h00 :-) So these red and white cheesecakes are perfect for the occasion. They look almost like small Polish flags...and they taste incredible as well...